COVID-19 Update: April 08, 2021

COVID-19 Update: April 08, 2021


COVID-19 Update: April 08, 2021


Hey MMR Family!

GREAT NEWS! Provided the COVID-19 transmission and vaccination rates continue as predicted by the Governor’s office in California…

Our state is set to open as of June 15, 2021!

Our first group of camper’s for Session A arrive June 13th. The good news is that Resident Camps are included on California’s BluePrint and we will be able to operate even before the state opens on the 15th, albeit it may be with a few more precautions in place. 

California Health and Human Services Secretary, Dr. Ghaly, said in his briefing that those sectors included in the state’s reopening blueprint (which include resident camps like MMR) will be allowed to “return to usual operations in compliance with Cal/OSHA requirements and with common sense public health policies in place, such as required masking, testing and with vaccinations encouraged.”

We are still waiting for the specific guidelines for sleep away camps, which were promised to California camps by March 31, 2021. Those state guidelines may never come; however, our operational plan will still be subject to approval from our county health department.

We will continue to be required to follow health department guidelines regarding:

  • Masking
  • Testing
  • Distancing
  • Travel precautions

We understand that for some of you, specific policies may impact your decision to join our camp family this summer. We are sorry that we don’t have complete answers at this time. We appreciate your continued patience and trust in us as we plan for various contingencies.


Here is what we can say for sure at this time:

  •  We WILL be offering bus transportation from the Reno-Tahoe Int’l Airport. We do not know specific scheduling times, capacity, or cost. Stay tuned and make flexible flight and travel arrangements.
  • There WILL be COVID-19 testing requirements for all campers. We are researching various options at this time. Stay tuned.
  • Campers and staff WILL be wearing masks in those instances where distancing from other cabin groups cannot be maintained.
  • We WILL be asking each camp family to utilize common sense precautions in the time before traveling to and arriving at camp in order to keep our entire community safe.

If you have questions about your specific situation or would like to postpone your child’s camp attendance to next summer (2022), please reach out to Anna at

Thank you again for your continued patience and support.

We’re confident that we will have a safe, healthy, fun and meaningful summer at MMR in 2021. Summer 2021 really can’t come fast enough!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

View More