Getting To and From Camp
Parents may choose to either bring their child to and from camp or to fly them into the Reno-Tahoe airport. A charter bus or camp van brings campers to and from the Reno airport. There is no charge (per camper, each direction) for transportation to and from the Reno Airport on opening and closing days. For our camp family’s peace of mind, we will always have a staff member at your camper’s gate of arrival in Reno if they fly as an unaccompanied minor. On the return, we will always provide an escort to the gate and stay with the camper until the flight leaves. Flights into Reno are a great option for parents who do not wish to make the drive to camp, and are a fun way to start a summer camp adventure.
We also offer a staff-escorted nonstop flight to & from Southern California via LAX; please see below for more details about this option.
Driving your camper to camp is a great option! You will get to see their cabin and meet their counselor. You may also join your camper for a tour of the camp and a bite to eat. There are no organized camp tours or meals on Closing Day. Our physical address is: Mountain Meadow Ranch, 704-950 Wingfield Road, Susanville, CA 96130. Not all GPS applications will get you to camp in the most efficient way. Please refer to our Driving Directions here Driving Directions.
On Opening Day please drop off your camper between 10:00am and noon
On Closing Day please pick up your camper between 8:00am and 10:00am
At Mountain Meadow we utilize the Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) in Reno, Nevada and we have camp directors at the airport on all travel days to personally oversee the safe arrivals and departures of all our campers. Our staff accompanies campers to and from their gates of arrival and departure. Airline personnel have worked with us for many years to ensure a smooth and safe journey for all the kids. We provide free transportation to and from the airport on travel days – a short hour and a half drive from camp.
Please read carefully if your child will be flying to or from camp, and will need transportation from the airport. Disregard if you will be bringing your child from the airport to camp.
- If your child is flying as an Unaccompanied Minor, pay all UM fees with your airline and complete the proper paperwork for the airline. We will notify you a few days in advance of the flight exactly who will be signing for your camper upon arrival and their contact info.
- Some parents choose to fly with their child and come to camp. If you wish to do this, you may rent a car and bring your child to camp. MMR is about an hour and a half drive from the airport. The FREE charter bus from the airport to camp is only for campers arriving at the airport. We do no t offer transportation to or from the Reno Airport for parents.
- If you are planning to have us meet your child at the Reno Airport, please book flights to arrive before 1 p.m. If you would like your child to fly home from the Reno airport, please book departing flights out of Reno between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Our camp staff will meet campers at their gate for arrivals. Upon departure, camp staff will accompany campers to each gate.
- Complete the online transportation form for your child so we can plan for your child’s safe arrival or departure accordingly (Login to your Campminder account and go to the Forms Dashboard).
2020 Escorted Flights To & From Southern California
Camper families residing in the Southern California area may select one of our escorted flights to and from LAX. Our camp staff meet campers at check-in and escort them all the way to camp – through security, onto their flights, fly with them to Reno and are then taken by charter bus or our camp vans to Mountain Meadow. There is no extra charge for the bus or van, or the escorted flight, other than the camper’s airfare, and there is no unaccompanied minor fee since the campers are traveling with us.
The charter bus to & from the airport to camp is only for campers arriving or departing at the airport. We do not offer transportation to or from the Reno Airport for parents.
- You will need to book the flight for your camper by calling American Airlines directly at 800-433-7300 and giving the agent the escort’s name and confirmation number. For this year’s flights, your camper will likely be classified as an unaccompanied minor. Please email us for the escort’s info for your camper’s specific flight prior to booking in order to avoid paying the unaccompanied minor fee.
- Our designated escorted flights are subject to availability and sell out quickly. If you choose to use this service for your camper, we encourage you to make your reservations while flights last.
The following itinerary will be our escorted flight for 2020:
Arrival to Camp: All Sessions – LAX to Reno
American Airlines Flight # 6021 Departs LAX @ 7:35am – Arrives RNO @ 9:05am
Depart from Camp: All Sessions – Reno to LAX
American Airlines Flight # 3095 Departs RNO @ 1:31pm Arrives LAX @ 3:15pm
Should any of our escorted flights be sold out at the time of enrollment or making your reservation, remember, we will always have a staff member at their gate of arrival in Reno if they fly as an unaccompanied minor on a different flight/airline. On the return, we will always provide an escort to the gate and stay with the camper until their flight leaves.