Maps and Directions to Summer Camp
Mountain Meadow Ranch California summer camp lies on the eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada Mts., at 4600 feet elevation in Northeast California, halfway between Lake Tahoe and Mt. Lassen Volcanic National Park. The ranch property lies just on the timberline. To our immediate east lies the Great Basin Desert, with everything to the south and west bordered by beautifully forested mountains. The range of mountains upon which Mountain Meadow exists is known as the Diamond Mountain Range. Mountain Meadow Ranch is 8 miles south of Susanville, CA in Lassen County, approximately 2 miles off US Highway 395.
- From Reno starting at the I-80, Hwy 395 intersection:
- North on Hwy 395. From this point to the Agriculture Bug Station it is 20 miles.
- Another 20 miles north is the thriving metropolis of Doyle
- At 59 miles from our start in Reno, you’ll see Milford.
- Another 10 to 12 miles is Janesville, nestled beneath Thompson Peak, a beautiful rock-faced 9000 ft. mountain.
- 74.5 miles from where we started is Bass Hill; as the highway goes to four lanes move into the left lane and prepare to turn.
- Turn left on Bass Hill Road (Co. Rd. 207). and go 6/10 of a mile
- Turn right onto Wingfield Road (Co. Rd. 205, a dirt road). Go 1 mile up the hill to Mountain Meadow Ranch.
- Please park in the parking lot below the tennis courts and follow the check-in signs up the drive way. WELCOME HOME!
Mountain Meadow Ranch provides transportation for campers to and from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, a little more than an hour from camp. Campers who fly into Reno are met at their gate of arrival as they come off of their plane by a Mountain Meadow staff member and/or director and escorted through the terminal and to the ranch. Departing campers are escorted by a staff member and/or director from the ranch, through check-in, security, to their gate of departure and onto their plane. From the moment of their arrival until their moment of departure they are attended and supervised by Mountain Meadow staff. Parents make their own flight arrangements based on recommended flights which we provide to our camp families included in the “get ready for camp info packet” delivered to enrolled camper families each spring.